Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Duff McKagan on McIlvaine pt. 2

Whoops, there's more!!!

JD, Frisco: How in the name of all that is holy could the city of Seattle let the Sonics go to Okla-freakin-homa? In your words, how did it come to this?

Duff McKagan: Well, again, I think it started with Mcilvane. I really think that. That was the start of the downward spiral. Letting McMillan go to the Trailblazers. That took the wind out of the spirit of that team. I think you can argue the voters in Seattle had voted in a bond issue for Safeco and Quest and by the time the issue came for a new arena, which we don't need by the way, Key Arena is killer, the voters just said screw you. As a Sonics fan, I still can't believe they are gone. It's pathetic that could happen here. We have a great basketball town. Other teams just couldn't win at Key Arena. JD, I just don't know how it could happen.