Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts from the Captain!

I admire the Heat for the effort last night. Though they were certainly outmanned against a bigger and more talented team they never let up and made the Rockets work for the win. It's important for a team to send a message that "you might win this game but you're not going to beat us".

Speaking of worst rock songs, I heard "Love Hurts" by Nazareth on the radio. The song makes me physically ill yet I can't turn it off. Maybe I should seek professional help.

I would like nothing better than to see Keith Olbermann soundly thrashed by the before mentioned turkey harvester. I haven't witnessed the use of this equipment but I assure you that I will enjoy my 18lb young bird this year as much as previous years. The reality is that farming and ranching isn't always pretty but it is necessary. My grandmother, Nana, Sgroi, God rest her sweet soul, used to grab a chicken by the neck and give it a good snap. Sometimes a second snap was necessary but boy did she make great chicken caccitori. I'll bet Governor Palin and family will have a fine meal this Thanksgiving as well. For all the criticism of Palin, she seems to know who she is and isn't ashamed of it. She may not be what the media considers a 21st century woman but in previous centuries women were expected to be tough. I would take her against Olbermann in a wrestling match any day although I don't think he likes to get that close to women.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and remember how lucky we are to be Americans.

The Captain