Sunday, January 22, 2012

Heat 113 Sixers 92

Heat at Sixers

January 21, 2012

Welcome to the second issue of Deux Minutes I want to first take exception to Senor Dos for taking not very subtle shots of my advanced age. Truth be told I will be 61 on Tuesday but I still wear short pants to work and I still play in a rock and roll band. I have been watching the NBA for many years – and my big bitch is – what happened to the John Stockton shorts – I still wear ‘em or maybe that was Dos’s point – ok Allons-y!

Oh my – what’s with the rainbow coalition uni’s – Wow, they had to be designed by Craig Sager.

A’ight – gotta give props to Chalmers – I put him down last time I did this – maybe he read the blog – but he has looked a lot more mature, a lot more in control and his 3’s have been dropping. Cole on the other hand, not looking as good as he did. I still have high hopes for the rook though. He is fearless – we don’t have to worry about this guy passing up a shot – 7 points in the first half and some decent ball handling – just on the verge of out of control – he’ll get it. We have a keeper. Did you hear what his daughter’s name is?

We got Joel Anthony on Jax’s Hot Seconds – now I first want to dis my fellow World Class Journalist – Mr. Dos – why do you continue to put down my Homey, Joel Anthony – he played a solid first half – No calling him Butter anymore – at least call him Buerre – the guy’s from Montreal for criminiy’s sake. He sucks on Hot Seconds though – he should have called me for a lifeline – I would have got the Canadian questions at least. Jax – and I know you read this – next time call Deux Minutes for Canajun questions And speaking of people who played in Canada – Chris Bosh is carrying the team tonight with a nice 3 and a decent mix of drop step hooks, mid rangers and a drives to the hole.

On the 76’ers side Evan Turner having an excellent game – he learned something over the summer because they were calling him a bust – rookie center Voodoowich or whatever looks like he belongs.

Eric and Tony announcing Joe Paterno has died. What can you say – for all the ugliness coming out of Happy Valley, his resume would indicate he deserved a better end to his life.

When the HEAT have a fast break with LBJ throwing the ¾ court pass to, who? Joel Anthony – yes Joel Anthony - you have to be amazed. I mean WTF – we may never see that again – I’ll always remember where I was this night. He didn’t score but he hit his free throws – come on give the guy his props he was 9 points and 9 boards 3 blocks and I didn’t see him leaking any dairy products the whole game.

LBJ – the guy had a world class game – 28/9/5 but his defense was other worldy – along with 4 steals and 3 blocks the guy just kicked ass on both ends of the court and his strongest offensive quarter was the 4th.

Bench is stepping up – 33 points tonight with some great defense to boot – both Miller and Battier most notably.

Ok – why no Fed Curry tonight – can’t figure that – maybe because Spencer Hawes was out (spooky looking dude) and Voodoowich was hurt later in the game – maybe it’s because he saving his 6 fouls for Andrew Bogut tomorrow night – I would have loved to see him again.

Tony – only 1 Mount Vernon mention tonight – slow night.

Sorry I got nothing to say about the 70’s throwback fro’s wigs that they were wearing – except Mike Miller looked even goofier than normal. There will be more of this nonsense tomorrow night – I’m sure Dos will have something pithy to say about it tomorrow night.

6 games with Wade sitting 6 victories – how do you explain this. I don’t want to be Mr. Obvious but I think that they are simply picking it up, especially Bosh to make up for him. I also think that just generally the team is finding their groove and Wade will only make them that much more deadly. We beat a solid well coached team tonight that had the 2nd best scoring defense. Their previous high for points against was 108 and that was an OT game. I don’t subscribe to the Sir Charles point of view that LBJ regresses with Wade in the game. The rest of the league is taking notice let me tell you – can’t wait to see us against Chicago next week. Hate that team – Hate Rose Hate Noah Hate Oprah. Ok I don’t hate Oprah and I don’t hate anyone but I really dislike that team.

I have been watching the HEAT since the Billy Cunningham days – these last 3 games are the best we have ever looked. Defense – post game, fast break, long range you name it – we even hit our freaking free throws tonight.

Dos went all political on us last game – I’m voting for Jed Bartlett. Finally – and I read this on the internet so it has to be true – what is Rio Chalmer’s daughter’s name – Queen Elizabeth – seriously.
---
Dos says: "How dare you make fun of Spencer Hawes...Spencer Hawes!!!  Otherwise, thanks for filling in - job well done!...I'm still in Gainesville, but I may be back for tomorrow night for our game against the Bucks, if I don't enroll in the University of Florida, Class of 2017.  This place is like Heaven, but with more alcohol."
-----