Monday, January 2, 2012

Heat 129 Bobcats 90

I did not see this game - I was on vacation in St. Augustine.  So for this game, and any future ones I miss, I am turning the blog over to my boy Snets.  He has to endure my insane ramblings all season long - stuff too crazy to even get in the blog - so I figured it was fair for him to have his say.  So without no further ado, here is Snets on last night's blowout:

 
  • For those of you tuning in expecting to read Dos Minutos,  they were called out of town and Snets (me) will be guest blogging.  For starters, tonight’s blog will be re-named Deux Minutes as I am from Canada – so ALLONS-Y!
  • Ok – first half over – what kind of Bizarro alternate universe game is this when Joel (a proud Canadian) Anthony outscores the best basketball player in the world 8 to 4 and we still won the half by almost 30 points?
  • Very interesting first half duel between Mario Chalmers and super rook Norris Cole over who can claim point guard supremacy.  Chalmers hits for 11 including 3 from long range and was heard muttering under his breath – "take that rookie bitch" – but then Cole comes out and scores 8, but from where I’m sitting, looks much more polished and in control.  I think if you ask the wings, who they would rather be on a break with – they are all going to say Coles.  He makes better decisions in only his 5th game, throws a pretty lob (I mean let’s face it, Chalmers lobs are adventures in geometry).
  • I have the platform, so I am going to use it.  Jax – I actually love the guy, he seems like a genuinely affable fellow, someone you’d love to live next door to or someone you love to bump into when you’re at your local pub.  Ok here’s the "but" – why does he have to keep talking so long when the play resumes?  The guy will use up two or three possession sometimes.  He has insightful comments but Jeez Jax STFU already when the game is on. 
  • Chris Bosh has been a world beater in the first half.  20 and 6,  I guess that’s why you have a Big 3 – when one of them gets engaged and doesn’t score, you have another one that had the good sense to get married in the off season.   Guy looks good.
  • Only other thing I would talk about in the first half, is we do seem to have trouble with offensive rebounds.  I mean some guy called Bizmark Bazooka or something like that got 3 in one sequence against us.  It’s hard to figure your team is lacking when it is 4 – 0 and leading by 30 though. I have to admit to being really interested in whether Curry will make a meaningful contribution, if and when.
  • Ron Rothstein just said “we haven’t played well with leads and we have to develop championship habits”.  2nd half coming up – Allons-y! (google it)
  • Game over, we won by 39 and were up by 46 at one point.  The most interesting part of the 2nd half was when I got sent to the dog house because I left the bedroom door open, my girlfriend is allergic to our cat and it made a bed in her opened suitcase full of her cruise clothes,  while I sweated over this blog (how does he do it every game?)
  • Back to basketball – the great PGS continutes.  Mario and Coles both scored 16, except Mario played with the starters and 8 extra minutes.  Mario had 3 assists and Coles had 9.  Edge to the rook.  You gotta figure Mario lies awake at night wondering when Wade is going to demand this kidstarts.                                                                                                                                                                   
  • Not a whole more to report on the 2nd half – there was no drama.  I hate it when the starters look so disinterested and start mugging for the cameras and going for Sports Center minutes instead of being professionals but our lads kicked butt and I suppose that’s all that matters.  Garbage time was a lot of fun to watch actually. Sexy Dexy made a lumbering appearance.  Harris scored 9 in short minutes and looked good at it – Coles was firing passes right where they should go.  If he was playing with the starters, I’m sure he would have had Chris Paul assist numbers.  Hey the future’s so bright – he has to wear shades!
  • Well, that’s all I have to say, not very long but there wasn’t a lot to write about this blow out.  Just a note: I will be desperately trying to find Dos to hand the notebook back.  This is a lot harder than it looks.  ALLONS-Y!

Dos says: Thanks, Snets!  I'd like to think Emcee Chalmers would never use a certain word to describe a certain rookie, but he does take a lot of abuse and is entitled to feel feisty.  Also, Snets has been waiting like four years to get a platform to complain that Jax takes too long to throw it back to the game when he does an interview that spills over into play!  I'm going to watch Heat-Hawks right now, as I know Snets is.  Try to keep the bedroom door closed, and Allons-y!