Monday, April 16, 2012

Heat 101 Nets 98

6 Thoughts

1) LeBron.

2) LeBron.

3) LeBron.

4) LeBron. 

5) If it turns out Chris Bosh could have just been rebounding all year (29 in the last 2 days), it is going to be super-annoying.

6) Before a bizarrely pro-Heat crowd in New Jersey, the Heat dialed up the intensity to somewhere between 0 and negative 100, slept-walked through three quarters against one of the worst teams in the league - without their only good player - trailed by double digits multiple times, and then with 5 minutes to go, re-inserted KJ James, and he scored 17 straight points for Miami, who finally won when the Nets couldn't get the ball inbounds for a tying three point attempt (bad teams, man).  It was an atrocious, atrocious outing by Miami, but to be fair, at this point of the season, on a (sort of) road back-to-back, I guess any win is a good one, meaningless or not.  For perspective, Chicago lost at home to Washington tonight on the second night of their own back-to-back.  As M.Minutos pointed out after the game, we have been on the other end of finishing KJ James rushes like that too many times in the past - he literally just lowered his head and powered his way to the rim over and over while multiple Nets tried to tackle him to the ground - that we went old school in #1-4, and let him use his old name for a while...That's all I have to say about that game.  Who really cares, in the end?...More importantly, we have a winner in the "Go To Drink" competition, and appropriately, it is GFOB and only die hard New Jersey Nets fan I know - and maybe the only die hard New Jersey Nets fan in captivity - Plumber.  He wrote right in with "Gin and Tonic," and he is so, so spot on.  I've known that kid for almost 25 years, and he has always been super-smart - a gin and tonic is simple, refreshing, not colorful, you can absolutely order it from a dude or woman bartender with a straight face - it's perfectAnd Plumber doesn't even drink!  I think most often, a Gin and Tonic comes with a slice of lemon or lime, but when I make my own at home, I'm using a slice of tangerine, and calling it a Plumber and Tonic.  Of course, I'm not going to do that in a social situation, because I don't want to be relentlessly mocked, I'll just let them put the lime or lemon in it.  In closing, thank you, Plumber, you are a gentleman, and thoughtful, and you always come through in a pressure situation.  You are truly a great, great friend of the blog, and a great friend in life.  Also, to the jackapple who wrote in to say I should stop drinking because I am not man enough to drink (he was less polite about it, though), you are not a great friend of the blog, and I am sending Plumber to your house to beat you up.
---
We're off until Wednesday, when we play Toronto, and then we play the next night at home against Chicago, for maybe the 100th time in the last three weeks.  I'll be going to that game with GFOB AH - should be a good one!  If you need me before then, I'll be slicing tangerines.  Bottoms up!
-----